Characteristics of Learning
The Characteristics of Effective Learning
The ways in which children engage with other people and their environment - playing and exploring, active learning, and creating and thinking critically - underpin learning and development across all areas and support the child to remain an effective and motivated learner.
Playing and exploring-engagement
- Finding out and exploring
- Playing with what they know
- Being willing to 'have a go'
Active learning -motivation
- Being involved and concentrating
- Keep trying
- Enjoying and achieving what they set out to do
Creating and thinking critically -thinking
- Having their own ideas
- Making links
- Choosing ways to do things