Part Time Level 2 Teaching Assistant
Grade: Grade E SCP 10
Hours: 7.50 Hours per week, Monday- Friday 12.45-16.15
Start Date: ASAP
Come and join our driven, passionate and innovative team on our incredible journey at our happy, thriving maintained Nursery School
The governors at Whitecross are seeking to appoint an inspiring Teaching Assistant for our friendly school. Whitecross Nursery School is a well-established and popular local authority maintained nursery school for children aged 3 to 4 years. We have a caring, happy and fun dedicated team, committed to providing a stimulating and high quality education in a happy, secure environment where all members of the school community are valued and respected.
We are looking for highly motivated, teaching assistant who may have experience of working in a busy nursery environment.
Qualities we are looking for:
- a sense of humour
- experience in working with pupils with a wide range of needs.
- highly effective, enthusiastic, positive and caring
- adaptable and flexible
- high expectations for learning and strong behaviour management skills
- knowledge of how to promote independence in a learning environment
- able to assist in adapting the curriculum and lesson plans to suit the needs of the child
- a ‘whatever it takes’ attitude to remove barriers to learning
In return, we can offer you:
- happy, enthusiastic children who are ready to learn
- supportive and friendly staff, parents and governors
- further of opportunities for professional development
We are looking to recruit an individual who enjoys working as part of a team, with good communication skills which are key.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and can be arranged through contacting through the school office on 01332 371876.
A completed application form can be emailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can hand your application into our school office before the closing date. .
Previous applicants need not apply
How to Apply
To apply for this post please complete a letter explaining your interest in the role along with a completed Derby City Council Application form, available to download from the school website. Please email applications to Claire Fitzpatrick Headteacher email@example.com
Please see attached Job Description, Job specification and DCC Application Form
Closing Date: Monday, 18th December 2023 at 12 Noon
Interview: Wednesday, 21st December 2023