SEND Teaching Assistant
Grade: Grade E
Hours: Two afternoons per week from 1.00 – 4.00
Contract: Fixed term until the named child leaves school
Start Date: ASAP
The governors at Whitecross are seeking to appoint an SEND Teaching Assistant. Whitecross Nursery School is a well-established and popular local authority maintained nursery school for children aged 3 to 4 years. We have a caring, dedicated team, committed to providing a stimulating and high quality education in a happy, secure environment where all members of the school community are valued and respected.
The position is primarily to support children within our nurturing and inclusive nursery environment. Visits to our school to meet the team and discuss the children’s needs are encouraged.
We are looking for a highly motivated, specialist teaching assistant who may have experience of working with children who have additional needs, particularly Autism and ADHD, to join our friendly staff team to support pupils with specific needs. The appointee will need to work closely in partnership with the school and families to ensure the best possible learning experiences for the pupil.
Qualities we are looking for:
- A sense of humour
- Experience in working with pupils with a wide range of needs, including those with learning difficulties, Autism and ADHD
- Highly effective, enthusiastic, positive and caring
- Adaptable and flexible
- High expectations for learning and strong behaviour management skills
- Knowledge of how to promote independence in a learning environment
- Able to assist in adapting the curriculum and lesson plans to suit the needs of the child
- A ‘whatever it takes’ attitude to remove barriers to learning
In return, we can offer you:
- Happy, enthusiastic children who are ready to learn
- Supportive and friendly staff, parents and governors
- Further of opportunities for professional development
We are looking to recruit an individual who enjoys working as part of a team, with good communication skills which are key. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and can be arranged through contacting through the school office on 01332 371876.
A completed application form can be emailed to us at email@example.com or you can hand your application into our school office before the closing date.
How to Apply:
To apply for this post please complete a letter explaining your interest in the role along with a completed Derby City Council Application form and send to Kate Parker School Business Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see attached Job Description, Job specification and DCC Application Form
Closing Date: Tuesday 3rd January, 2023